Monday, August 14, 2017

Sci Fi Top 100, #4: "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (1977)

This movie was previously reviewed as part of my AFI Top 100 Movie Project. Below is the pertinent information about it: the movie stats, plot summary, and the rating I gave it. You can read the full text of my review HERE.

Movie Stats:
Released 1977 (USA)
American, in English (lots of French, mostly translated; some Spanish & Hindi, mostly not translated)
Director - Steven Spielberg
Stars - Richard Dreyfuss, Melinda Dillon, Francois Truffaut

Plot Summary:
The appearance of visitors from outer space affects the lives of energy worker Roy Neary (Dreyfuss), mother Jillian Guiler (Dillon), and scientist Claude Lacombe (Truffaut), amongst others.

Rating:
2.5 stars

2 comments:

Patricia said...

It was just re-released in the theaters! But you probably wouldn't have gone to see it, due to your 2.5 star feelings. I only found out about the re-release after it had come and gone, or I might have made an effort.

balyien said...

I feel angry when I even hear this film mentioned, lol. I really didn't like it.