Friday, August 25, 2017

Sci Fi Top 100, #1: "2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968)

This movie was previously reviewed as part of my AFI Top 100 Movie Project. Below is the pertinent information about it: the movie stats, plot summary, and the rating I gave it. You can read the full text of my review HERE.

Movie Stats:
Released 1968 (USA)
American & British, in English (very minor non-translated Russian)
Director - Stanley Kubrick
Stars - Keir Dullea, Douglas Rain (voice)

Plot Summary:
On a mission to Jupiter, things go awry. Oh, and there’s a bunch of stuff about evolution. Dullea co-stars as Dr. Dave Bowman, one of the scientists on the mission, and Rain provides the voice of his on-board computer, HAL 9000.

Rating:
3.5 stars

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Of course this would be number one. I still don't like it, but I understand that many do.

balyien said...

That sums up exactly how I feel about it.