Thursday, July 11, 2013

Postcard Project, Maintenance Post

As I believe I've previously mentioned, when my mother passed away, I inherited a chest full of old family photos. A few months ago, my brother, who was holding on to the chest for me, sent all of its contents to me in the mail.

When I went through it, I discovered a large quantity of postcards. Some of them had actually been sent to my grandparents. Most of them were apparently souvenir purchases my grandparents had made when they'd gone on vacation. Of the blank ones, I picked out the ones that were nicest-looking and have been sending them out to people.

As for the ones with writing on them, I thought it would be fun to scan them and put them up on my blog. Following this post will be my first batch of these cards. I'm dividing them into decade groupings. Because my grandfather in particular had a very unusual first name, I decided to redact the names of the postcard receivers. I doubt that anyone would use this information to stalk me, but I figure I'm better safe than sorry.

I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I have!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Oh my gosh, I'm even more exited now!