Thursday, July 18, 2013

Postcard Project: 1910s, Part 2

Note: I don't feel like typing "[sic]" a bunch of times, so readers should assume that all spelling/grammatical errors are copied verbatim from the authors of these cards.

June 19, 1915. Addressed to Grandpa.
Says: "I wish you a happy birthday
from Aunt Helen"

This card is way snazzier than I can convey with a picture on the internet. The flowers on the front open up so you can write on the card underneath it, although Aunt Helen did not do so.

Date indecipherable (see below). Addressed to Grandpa.
Says: "Best Wishes for a Happy Birthday. Ruth."

The postmark on this card is very difficult to read. I know for certain that it is from 1915. I know that the date is 2something. Since it is a birthday card for Grandpa, whose birthday was June 19, I'm going to assume this was postmarked June 20 or 21.

I don't know who "Ruth" was. My guess is a family friend.


April 6, 1917. Addressed to Grandpa.
Says: "Dear [redacted] Grandma is sending
you an easter chicken from grandma."

 Sweet card, but I think that baby chick looks evil.


December 24, 1919. Addressed to Grandpa.
No text on back although someone pencilled in "Miss Burchhard."

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I agree with you about the chick. That bird has nothing good on its mind.