Monday, August 6, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo Update, Week 1


Just checking in for a quick update on how my writing is going.

At the end of Week 1, my NaNo book, tentatively titled The Reluctant Wizard, stands at 10,572 words. I’ve been averaging a little over 2,000 words per day. That was intentional because I had been planning all along on taking today off from writing (I need the break, and I’m going into work a few hours early today).

So far, I’m really pleased with the quantity of my progress. I think the quality is also good, although I’m a little concerned that I’ve taken too long on the build up of the story. We shall see as it progresses over this week.

As for my romance story, progress on that has been good as well. While I was on vacation a few weeks ago, I decided that both of my current romance novels weren’t working and required some heavy-duty revision.

For now, I’m focusing on the novel that is a fantasy/romance hybrid. Since vacation, I added four new chapters between what were chapters 2 and 3. After the start of NaNo last week, I completely rewrote the former chapter 3 (now chapter 7) because it no longer fit. I also partially revised the former chapter 4 (now chapter 8). Both of those chapters are complete; this week it's on to the new chapter 9.

All in all, things are going pretty great. However, I’m glad for the break today. I was starting to feel slightly burnt out.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Well done! And breaks are good. I'm contemplating taking one myself (though from other things, not from writing) today. Keep up the good work.

HSofia said...

Nice work! I'm inspired by you, as usual.