Friday, September 28, 2012

Finally Got My Dallas Library Card

I'm so excited!


Okay, so it's a little underwhelming. Definitely not the best-looking library card I've ever seen. However, I'm still thrilled to be back in book-borrowing business, especially since our budget doesn't allow for much book buying these days.

I picked up two books while I was there: The Ice Balloon by Alec Wilkinson (non-fiction) and The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff (fiction). I looked for some of the books on my ever-growing list, but sadly they were not available at that branch. I'll have to order them from other branches.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Getting a new library card when I moved to a new place was always the happiest part of the move. I still carry my Boise Public Library card in my wallet for good luck.

I really liked the Monsters of Templeton, and given our divergent tastes, I'll be interested to see what you think of it.