Friday, September 16, 2016

Sci Fi Top 100, #84: "Frankenstein" (1931)

This movie was previously reviewed as part of my AFI Top 100 Project. Below is the pertinent information about it: the movie stats, plot summary, and the rating I gave it. You can read the full text of my review HERE.

Movie Stats:
Released 1931 (USA)
American, in English
Director - James Whale
Stars - Colin Clive, Boris Karloff, Mae Clarke

Plot Summary:
It’s the classic tale of Frankenstein (Clive), a doctor who builds a man (Karloff) out of spare body parts and animates him. Clarke co-stars as Frankenstein’s fiancee, Elizabeth.

Rating:
3.75 stars

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I feel like there should be a new Frankenstein movie every three years or so. Like Hollywood should take it on as a project. In what new directions can they push the story?

balyien said...

Funny you should mention that. I recently watched "Viktor Frankenstein" (2015), which tells the Frankenstein story from Igor's perspective. It stars Daniel Radcliffe as Igor and James McAvoy as Frankenstein (side note: I can never remember McAvoy's name and always first think of him as "Mr. Tumnus") and was not particularly good.