Friday, May 13, 2016

Out and About: The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch

I first saw The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch a couple of years ago, when we visited my brother-in-law, who lived in Carlsbad at the time. As much as I wanted to go, we sadly weren't able to, but when we ended up moving to the area, I knew that going there was a high priority on my list. Lucky I got on it right away, as it's only open two months out of the year (March-May)!

The Flower Fields boast "nearly fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers." In addition to the fields themselves, there are several greenhouses, a rose garden, a California garden, lots of fun activities for kids, and more. Cost is $14 for adults, $7 for kids.

Here are some pics from my visit. Warning: lots and lots of flowers ahead.








Orchid greenhouse.

Sweet pea maze.

I liked this sentiment.

California garden.

Rose garden.

Gladiola




There's a gardening store, Armstrong Garden Centers, attached to the Fields, where I bought the cactus I've been longing for, pictured below (I already owned the skull): 


I really enjoyed my visit. It's a lovely place, with lots to do, and everyone there was so incredibly friendly. I will return, but next year I'd like to go earlier in the season, when more flowers will be alive, as things were looking a bit peaked this late in the season.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I like your cactus. And all the flowers! So, so, so many flowers!

balyien said...

Yeah, it's weird to drive by the place now (it's close to where Dan works so I do so frequently) and see it devoid of flowers.