Wednesday, February 17, 2016

AFI Top 100, #s 37, 36, 35

I previously reviewed these three movies, each one for my Best Picture Project. Below is the pertinent information about each: the movie stats, plot summary, and the rating I gave it.

THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES - AFI #37
Movie Stats:
Released 1946 (USA)
American, in English
Director – William Wyler
Stars – Frederic March, Dana Andrews, Harold Russell, Myrna Loy, and Theresa Wright

Plot Summary:
Follows 3 WWII vets – Army sergeant Al Stephenson (March), Air Force captain Fred Derry (Andrews), and sailor Homer Parrish (Russell) – as they attempt to adjust to life after the war. Loy stars Al’s wife Milly & Wright stars as his daughter Peggy.

Rating:
4 stars

Full review HERE.


MIDNIGHT COWBOY - AFI #36
Movie Stats:
Released 1969 (USA)
American, in English
Director – John Schlesinger
Stars – Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight

Plot Summary:
When Texas hayseed Joe Buck (Voight) makes his way to New York City, intent on getting by as a gigolo, he ends up falling in with sickly petty crook Ratso (Hoffman).

Rating:
2.75 stars

Full review HERE.


IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT - AFI #35
I reviewed this movie before I standardized my reviewing process. You can read the full text of the (brief) review HERE. I gave it 4 stars.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

And now I have the "whoa-whoa-wa-whoa" part of the Midnight Cowboy song running through my head.