Monday, February 16, 2015

Toys My Dog Destroys: Green Grateful Dead Bear

Okay, so she’s not really a Grateful Dead Bear, but her color reminded me of those iconic bears, hence the nickname. I gave her to Major on January 11, 2015. Here are her pre-destruction pics:



He got the stuffing out of her body that very same day:


Here he is with his conquest:


This scene struck me as particularly sad. Here is Green Bear next to one of the cat's toys:


Despite removing all of the stuffing out of the body, Major continued to play a lot with Green Bear. This was by far one of his favorite toys. He's always had trouble getting the stuffing out of toys' heads; he just can't seem to finesse it out. However, on January 15, he busted into Green Bear's head:


Even after de-stuffing her head, he continued to play with her a lot. She was good for throwing and playing tug-of-war. Some time during the week of January 26, he pulled off one of her legs while we were playing tug-of-war. I didn't take a picture at the time because I was sick that week. After that, he continued to play with her, and sometimes with just her leg. Hilariously, the cat sometimes played with her torn-off leg as well. Here is the leg before I threw it away:


And here is all of Green Grateful Dead Bear before I threw her away on February 11:


I bought her for $2.50 at a major pet store retailer. She lasted only one month, but she was well worth the money because Major absolutely loved her.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Isn't it funny how they really cotton to some toys? My brother's dog always had a "baby" (I think they were stuffed sheep) to chew on. My mom would give him a new one when one got really worn (he just liked to chew on it, not tear it apart) and he would still look for the old one.

balyien said...

Well, I had my favorite toys when I was a kid that I loved even after they fell apart, so I suppose it makes sense. I sort of with I hadn't thrown away Green Bear. He turned his new toy into a rag within several hours and I don't have any back-ups.