Friday, November 2, 2012

Movie Project, Maintenance Post


As mentioned in this blog post on Oct. 4, I’ve decided to once again to pick up my campaign to watch all of the Academy Award best picture winners. However, when I was working on this project before, I didn’t have any kind of format to those posts. From here on out, I will be formatting them all in the same way as my “Adventures in Instant Watch” posts.

Also, since I’ve decided to do more in-depth reviews, this means that, with a few exceptions, I’m going to have to re-watch some of the winners I’ve already seen. (There are many of them I’ve seen only once, most of those a long time ago.) Deciding to do this makes me sad because there’s quite a few I really, really hate that I’ll be forced to watch again (I’m giving you the side-eye, “Crash”). But I guess I’ll do it. For science or whatever. Sigh.

Lastly, I had previously had trouble accessing some of the movies, as they’re so old that it’s difficult to find copies. I’m still having trouble with the 1933 winner, “Cavalcade,” which is available only in VHS format. Since I no longer own a VCR, this presents a problem. I’ll have to see if I can borrow one.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep my loyal readers up-to-date. Now on to my next movie review! You can see all of my movie reviews by clicking on the "movies" tag below.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hmm. As someone who watched ALL the movies with Channing Tatum in them, even when he was just there for 15 seconds, I understand the compulsion. But I also would be fine if you didn't re-watch Crash, or any other movie you don't want to watch.

balyien said...

Thanks. I feel like my journalistic/critic integrity hangs in the balance. It's my own special brand of OCD, hahaha. Who knows, maybe I'll like some of them better a second time around.