Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bookworm Bash 2012

Yesterday I went with a friend to Addison's Bookworm Bash, a two-day book sale. The proceeds benefitted Senior Adult Services, a non-profit that assists senior citizens and those who work in the caregiving field.

I was a little concerned because we were hitting the sale on the second day. I thought the pickings might be slim. Luckily, the sale was very well run. The tables were fully stocked with books and other media of all subjects. They were also well-organized, so it was easy to find the section you were looking for and browse for books to your personal taste.

We had a great time. My friend came away with two full bags. Afterward, we explored the quiet little corner of Addison (around Circle Park) where the sale was held. It's a really nice area that reminded me a lot of the Pearl District in Portland. This sale seems to occur every year in Addison. I'm already looking forward to next year's sale!

Below are pictures of the five books I bought for just $6.00:

This is urban fantasy. Could be fun. Could suck.

I liked the movie of This Boy's Life.

Reminds me of Mad Men. Should be good.

Non-fiction from my favorite time period of history. Sold.

See caption for The Lost City of Z.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I've not read any of them, but they look quite good!

Maybe not that urban fantasy.