Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Woodland Enchantress Cross Stitch, Project Report 5

Time for the quarterly update on my cross stitch project!

Here's a reminder of what it will look like when I'm done:


Here's what it looked like during my last update in April 2017:


And here's what it looks like now:


This represents 14.5 hours of work spread over just 7 days, a significant drop from previous quarters. I became a bit demoralized when I discovered that I miscounted on one of the dark blue sections (second from the right). Unfortunately, I discovered it too late to tear it out & do it over. Therefore, to make up for it, I had to be creative with adding and/or dropping stitches in the various shades of gold that surround that section. There are seriously 4 or 5 shades of gold to use there and it all got a bit confusing.

But I persevered and I think it’s been fixed now. I’m excited to get more work done on it this upcoming quarter!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I hate finding out stuff like that. It drives me crazy. I think you did a great job of fixing things on the fly. I love these incremental progress posts, and I'm already thinking ahead to the future when you finish. I want a post that does a flip through of each of your quarterly work so we can see the miraculous progress.