Friday, July 21, 2017

Sci Fi Top 100, #11: E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1982)

This movie was previously reviewed as part of my AFI Top 100 Movie Project. Below is the pertinent information about it: the movie stats, plot summary, and the rating I gave it. You can read the full text of my review HERE.

Movie Stats:
Released 1982 (France)
American, in English
Director - Steven Spielberg
Stars - Henry Thomas, Robert MacNaughton, Drew Barrymore

Plot Summary:
When a space alien accidentally gets left behind by his compatriots, he finds refuge in the home of a young boy, Elliott (Thomas). MacNaughton co-stars as Elliott’s older brother, Michael, and Barrymore as his younger sister, Gertie.

Rating:
3 stars

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Happening now! Filmspotting Poll. E.T. vs. Blade Runner Death Match. The winner will live on, all copies of the loser will cease to exist. Which will you choose?

Me? I choose E.T. I watched Blade Runner in college and found it to be a snoozer. But E.T. I remember quite well. Blade Runner is going to win that poll, though. It's already at 66%

balyien said...

I would choose Blade Runner because I think, when watched with a critical eye, E.T. isn't a very good film. But I'm a little surprised that the nostalgia factor isn't winning that poll for E.T.