Monday, April 12, 2010

Found Items: Geisha Lady (?) and Christian Bookmark

Not found in the same book, hahaha.

I actually doubt that this is a geisha, but rather probably a woman in traditional Japanese dress. I say this because the name "John" is written on the back in childish cursive, leading me to believe that she was cut out and colored as part of a school project. And I doubt they're teaching the young kids about geishas these days. I commend John for his excellent cutting and coloring skills, in addition to his imagination: I don't think you can see it in the picture, but in pencil he drew a fan in her hand.



The wording on the bookmark below reads thus: "The most important principle I can share is: anchor your life in Jesus Christ, your Redeemer. Make Heavenly Father and his beloved Son more important than a beloved companion or children or anyone on earth. Make their will your central desire. Then all that you need for happiness will come to you. (Richard S. Scott)"



I don't know who Richard S. Scott is. A very cursory "Google" search turned up many Richard S. Scotts in the world, the most prominent of which was an actor - confusing, seeing as how his one acting credit was a movie called "Solar Crisis" in 1990. Huh.

At any rate, I have to say I disagree with Mr. Scott. Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled if my husband considered invisible people more important than me or our hypothetical children, but to each their own, I guess.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

That is some good coloring. I was never very good at it, but Ben Barris was always amazing. I'm still a bit jealous. I would finish coloring, look over at his, look back at mine, and sigh a bit.