Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Woodland Enchantress Cross Stitch, Progress Report 6

Time for the quarterly update on my cross stitch project!

Here's a reminder of what it will look like when I'm done:


Here's what it looked like during my last update in July 2017:


And here's what it looks like now:


This represents 23.75 hours of work spread out over 11 days, my most ever! I discovered, once I got to know the ropes better, that I could take my cross stitch into work when I had day shifts and get in a handful of good hours on it. Now, those hours are somewhat approximate because I do get interrupted often with phone calls. But I did the best I could with keeping track.

As you'll notice, on the left hand side & lower corner, I've reached the edge. That means I'm getting close to done with this quadrant of the pattern! I've been feeling pretty good about how much work I got done this quarter. Then I remember I've been working on it for over a year & still haven't finished even one section. Still a long ways to go!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh, how exciting! A cross stitch update. Congratulations on finishing that corner. That must have been very satisfying. It's starting to get fun to compare between the picture and your stitching. Much easier to see where you are.

balyien said...

Yes, I'm really beginning to feel like it's coming along! Not getting a lot of day shifts at work these days, though. I'll have to make sure I keep working on it at home, or start going back to my needlework group.