Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie Project

I recently decided to watch all of the Academy Award winners, or, at least, all the ones that I hadn't previously seen. It's not the most original of ideas. I'm sure I'm not the first to have ever done so, and I'm sure I won't be the last.

But I thought it would be fun to watch them and write brief reviews. Because these reviews will be relatively brief, I'll probably list a few at a time. Today I was thinking that after watching the Best Movie winners, I might watch the Best Foreign Films. That will probably be way more interesting.

So, away we go!

1928: Wings
Sadly, I have not been able to watch the first Academy Award winner. All of the movie rental places in my town have gone out of business, and Netflix doesn't have this one. Neither does my local library.

I did find a copy on Amazon for $15.00. However, I'm not dedicated enough to the Awards quest to shell out extra money for it. So I "saved" it on Netflix. Hopefully it will come in some day. But I'm a little sad that I couldn't start out My Quest with the actual first winner.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

This is an excellent project! When I had Netflix, I watched all of Gus Van Sant's movies, which wasn't really all of them because I couldn't get Mala Noche. Then, a few years later, the Criterion Collection republished it.

I started a project once to watch all of the best picture nominees (I think I was unemployed at the time) but they were mostly depressing dramas, so I gave up.